Conviction of a juvenile crime in Texas can cause significant damage to a child’s future, crippling their chances for a good education, limiting scholarships, and reducing their choice of future occupations. I am an experienced juvenile defense attorney with an understanding of the juvenile court system and it’s unique set of rules and procedures. Working with a dedicated lawyer can make the difference between your child learning a valuable lesson or living with their mistake permanently. I will fight for a resolution that promises the best possible future.
Texas Juvenile Defense Lawyer
A juvenile can be arrested for the same crimes as an adult. In some cases, prosecutors may seek to have them tried as an adult as well, depending on the seriousness of the crime. I am an experienced juvenile crimes lawyer who will fight for your child to have their case heard in juvenile court and will work diligently to protect the future and freedom of your child. As a parent, it is difficult to be objective regarding the future of your child following an arrest. I can help you to understand your options.
JUVENILE CRIMES CHARGES
Just as with adult criminal offenses, juvenile crimes may include a number of different charges:
- Drug Crimes – Drug offenses such as possession of marijuana or the unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia are among the most common juvenile crimes.
- Alcohol Offenses – I represent juveniles charged with alcohol related offenses including Minor in Possession (MIP) citations, Driving Under the Influence (DUI), and consumption of alcohol.
- Criminal Mischief – The specific offense, as well as the potential penalties, depends largely upon the value of the damage.
- Theft – Theft and other property crimes including: shoplifting, burglary, criminal trespass and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- Assault – Juvenile fights can turn into assault charges with criminal consequences. I represent juveniles accused of assault and other violent crimes.
I understand the adverse effects that a juvenile conviction can have on a young person’s future. With a thorough knowledge of the juvenile court system, I am dedicated to helping you find a successful outcome. It is important to call as soon as possible to ensure that the rights of your child are protected.